Help with Formula

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Help with Formula

    Can anyone help?
    I have a 4 column / 7row spreadsheet which at present sums a formula in cell C2 which calculates that IF A2<10%,0,D2-B2) – however, what I actually want the formula to do is as follows-

    If A2 <10% and cell B2 is <>0 return 0 in cell C2
    However IF A2 is >10% then calculate the difference between D2-B2 (or 10% of cell D7) whichever is the higher and return answer in cell C2

    Example where A2 is Greater Than 10%:
    IF A2 is >10% and B2 =40 and D7=50 (based on 10%) then the value over limit (c2) would be 50. However if B2 = 60 then the value over would be 40.

    Hope this doesnt sound too confusing

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Help with Formula

    try in C2
    =if(and(A2<10%,B2<>0),0,Max(D2-B2,0.1*D7))

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor

    Help with Formula

    Thank you for your reply - I appreciate that my post is probably sounding a bit confusing - your reply nearly worked but did not provide the result I was looking for - I will try to explain further -

    In the second part of the equation i.e. where A2 is >10% I am looking to return a result in C2 based on D2 less the value of cell B2 or 10% of cell D7 (whichever is the higher of the 2 cells) -

    Dont know if this helps to make clearer

  4. #4
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Help with Formula

    The formula bj suggested works *exactly* as you asked!

    In your example in your OP, you never stated what value was in D2.

    RD

    "martins" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor

    Help with Formula

    The cell D2 sums the total of cells E2 to H2 -

    Sorry if I am not putting this across properly but in the second part of the formula I am trying to obtain a result based on comparison to cell b2 or d7 which is ever is highest - cell D7 sums the total of Cells d2 to d6 -

    Thanks