link worksheet A & B

  1. #1
    garyww
    Guest

    link worksheet A & B

    worksheet A
    cell F name is called product code
    cell F2 is Q921
    cell F3 is Q5201
    cell G name is called yarn count

    but
    worksheet B
    cell A name is called product code same as cell F of worksheetA
    Cell B name is called yarn count same as cell G of worksheetA

    if user plugin cell B62 with value 1234 and cell A62 at worksheet B is
    equal to worksheetA cell F2.

    How it link up and automatically display on G2 and the rest...
    but must be able to match and identify the product code of worksheet A
    and B
    in order for user to plugin lots of different number on worksheetB-
    column cellB
    and it will display back to worksheetA - column cellG

    Is vlookup and please give formula.
    thanks

    please instruct!
    thanks
    [email protected]

    --
    garyww

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: link worksheet A & B

    v lookup will do it i think
    your formula will look something like this
    I cant quite understand which cells you are looking for
    just say C1 is the cell you are typing the product code in sheet A (and you
    want to look in sheet B) in c2 sheet a type the formula
    =vlookup(c1,sheetB!A1:B62,2,false)
    this formula will look for the exact match of the product code you have
    typed in cell c1 in col a of sheet b and return the yarn count from the cell
    in col b next to the cell in col a the product code is found in.

    --
    paul
    [email protected]

  3. #3

    to paul worksheet A&B

    The details is please see teh attached file, you can see on the file

    Worksheet B of B62, I typed 15254", it col name "yarn count"
    and the product code you can see is Q921 at cell A62.

    Worksheet A, you can see F2 is Q921, col name is "product code".

    Now I just plugin a vlaue B62 ='15254' and I want it shows on worksheet A - G2
    but remember it must match the product code of worksheetB - cellA62 'Q921' and worksheet A cell F2 'Q92'
    because next time user will plugin a number ie.1111 on B164; where product code of worksheet B - cell A164
    must be match to worksheet A - cell F3, but it should show the value 1111 on cell G3.

    thanks to hints

    gar

    Quote Originally Posted by paul

    "garyww" wrote:

    > worksheet A
    > cell F name is called product code
    > cell F2 is Q921
    > cell F3 is Q5201
    > cell G name is called yarn count
    >
    > but
    > worksheet B
    > cell A name is called product code same as cell F of worksheetA
    > Cell B name is called yarn count same as cell G of worksheetA
    >
    > if user plugin cell B62 with value 1234 and cell A62 at worksheet B is
    > equal to worksheetA cell F2.
    >
    > How it link up and automatically display on G2 and the rest...
    > but must be able to match and identify the product code of worksheet A
    > and B
    > in order for user to plugin lots of different number on worksheetB-
    > column cellB
    > and it will display back to worksheetA - column cellG
    >
    > Is vlookup and please give formula.
    > thanks
    >
    > please instruct!
    > thanks