covert columns into rows

  1. #1
    balsrin
    Guest

    covert columns into rows

    Hello,
    I have 19,000 cells of coulmn data in my notepad.I want to
    copy this in a row format in excel.I cannot copy and paste and then
    transpose it becuase excel accepts only 256 coulmns of data. Please
    help!!!

    Sri.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    break it up into blocks of 200 columns, and edit copy edit paste special transpose each one in turn. This will work if no column is more than 250 rows deep. If that is the case, you will need to make multiple sheets.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: covert columns into rows