Unable to select cell

  1. #1

    Question Unable to select cell

    Hello,
    I have a weird one. I have set up a multiple sheet workbook that uses the first worksheet to retrieve values from the other sheets. When I attempt to edit a link I am unable to click on any values within certain areas of the other worksheets. The areas that will not allow me to click show the arrow cursor and those areas where I can click show a cross (wide plus sign). I am able to manually enter the cell references and the link will work. There is no protection on the cells or worksheet/workbook, the EXT is not showing in the lower right corner (extension is off). The problem started when I cut and pasted portions of the workbook in an effort to create small information grids. If anyone can point me in the right direction so that I can remove whatever is blocking those cells it would make my job of creating this spreadsheet for my boss almost bearable.
    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Unable to select cell

    It kind of sounds like you have some sort of shape over those cells that you
    can't select.

    Edit|goto|special|check objects

    And tab through all the shapes.

    (Hit the delete key if you want to delete the selected shape.)

    (Just a guess, though.)

  3. #3
    You're a genius. It was the Box and Shadow I placed around the data to make it look pretty. I removed the box and now everything is back to normal.
    Thanks

  4. #4

    Re: Unable to select cell

    Woohoo!