space in cell

  1. #1

    space in cell

    Is there a way of deleting a space in a cell or several cells in fact...in every cell I have a space at the begining of a number, and I want to delelte that space...?

  2. #2
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: space in cell

    wood1e wrote:
    > Is there a way of deleting a space in a cell or several cells in
    > fact...in every cell I have a space at the begining of a number, and I
    > want to delelte that space...?

    You can do by selecting the range, then from menu Edit, Replace, type a
    spacein Find and nothing in Replace, then click on Replace all.

    Another way is to input 1 in an empty cell, select and CTRL+ c, then select
    the range, menu Edit, Past Special, select Multiply under Operations, then
    click OK.

    --
    (I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
    translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao

    Franz Verga from Italy

  3. #3
    prufrock
    Guest

    Re: space in cell

    wood1e wrote:
    > Is there a way of deleting a space in a cell or several cells in
    > fact...in every cell I have a space at the begining of a number, and I
    > want to delelte that space...?
    >

    > --
    > wood1e
    > wood1e's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12958
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573101

    =trim(a1)

  4. #4
    Jaleel
    Guest

    RE: space in cell

    Put this formula in B1, assuming data in A1

    =trim(A1)

    Jalwwl