How to get these cells into 1 column

  1. #1
    Chris
    Guest

    How to get these cells into 1 column

    Any ideas how to get this format of numbers into 1 column?

    0 25 50 75 100 I would like this: 0
    125 150 175 200 225
    25
    300 325 350 375 400
    50

    75.....etc

  2. #2
    Chris
    Guest

    RE: How to get these cells into 1 column

    Okay that post was butchered up. Here's what it should look like.

    0 25 50 75 100
    125 150 175 200 225
    250 275 300 325 350

    Here's what I want:
    ....etc

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How to get these cells into 1 column

    see JOIN macro in
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm

    You will have text in the cell when done.
    --

    ---
    HTH,

  4. #4
    Forum Expert oldchippy's Avatar
    Worcester, UK
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007 (Home)
    Posts
    7,097

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    Any ideas how to get this format of numbers into 1 column?

    0 25 50 75 100 I would like this: 0
    125 150 175 200 225
    25
    300 325 350 375 400
    50

    75.....etc
    Hi Chris,

    Play around with this,
    0 in cell A1, 25 in A3, then select A1:A4 and copy this down column A to as far as your numbering goes.
    Then 125 in cell B2, 150 in cell C2, copy over to F2
    Then in G2 put this formula
    =CONCATENATE(B2," ",C2," ",D2," ",E2," ",F2)
    carry on with this down to the fourth row, then you can drag/copy down
    When you have done this you can copy paste, value only and delete column B:F

    Let me know how you get on

    oldchippy

    This is a pre-butchered up answer to the question as I saw it!
    Last edited by oldchippy; 08-18-2006 at 04:17 PM.

  5. #5
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: How to get these cells into 1 column

    Select the first row, copy, paste special, transpose.

    Repeat for all rows.

    Depending on how many rows you need to do that to you may need to write a
    macro to automate the process.
    --
    Brevity is the soul of wit.

  6. #6
    Toppers
    Guest

    Re: How to get these cells into 1 column

    Assuming data in Sheet1 starting in A1 and there are 5 columns:

    put in A1 in Sheet2 and copy down

    =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,INT((ROW()-1)/5),MOD(ROW()-1,5),1,1)

    Change 5 in above to number of columns (per row) if required

    HTH

  7. #7
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: How to get these cells into 1 column

    As your numbers increase by 25 each time, you could enter 0 in the
    first cell and highlight this down to your bottom cell, then use Edit |
    Fill | Series and specify linear with an increment of 25.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  8. #8
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How to get these cells into 1 column

    okay after you reposted what you wanted that can be
    seen you want to use transpose as "Dave F" said,
    but you don't need to do hem one row at a time.