Can you set up a simple address book in Excel

  1. #1
    MaryAnn
    Guest

    Can you set up a simple address book in Excel

    Am interested in knowing if anyone has set up a simple address book, contact
    list, in Excel as an alternative to the more complex address book in Outlook
    and Access

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn
    Am interested in knowing if anyone has set up a simple address book, contact
    list, in Excel as an alternative to the more complex address book in Outlook
    and Access
    Hi Mary Ann,

    I just make that stuff from scratch.
    Use one row & seperate columns for:

    Name-Adderss-city-state-zip-aea code, tele-~~~

    Then put text boxes at the top of the coumns like with the names you see above,
    with sort codes attached. That way i can sort by name, street, area code, zip or whatever,
    just by clicking the top of the column i want it sorted by.
    Thx
    Dave
    "The game is afoot Watson"

  3. #3
    MaryAnn
    Guest

    Re: Can you set up a simple address book in Excel

    I had a request for one with alpha tabs in Excel but I don't want to set up a
    separate worksheet for each letter of the alphabet. I think I'll decline the
    request and put it in Access anyway. Thanks for replying!