Ticker Boxes

  1. #1

    Question Ticker Boxes

    I've got a mortgage lender database system in excel and i have a field in which to input the amount of monthly payments made so far by a client. I want to have a ticker box with that field, but the only way in which i can link them to cells is to go one by one through each record going through 'LinkedCell' which is seriously long when i have over 150 records. I also want to be able to make a macro (or something like that) which will create a new ticker box linked to the cell everytime i insert a new record somewhere? any time- saving suggestions? Thanx a lot for your time!

  2. #2
    Jim May
    Guest

    RE: Ticker Boxes

    What's are ticker boxes? All I'm getting out of your info is
    that you have a column with (example) say cell D3 the header (NumMonthsPaid)
    and range D4:D154 which contains numbers
    like 24, 36, 35, 60.. so from here what do you want to do?

  3. #3

    Basically...

    Basically, i want to be able to put the cell values up and down as normal using the tickers...the problem i am encountering is that if i was to add tickerboxes to all of the cells individually, i would need to individually link each ticker box to the cell it is controlling...is there any way of automatically linking cells to the cell they are in...maybe using autofill?

  4. #4
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: Ticker Boxes

    Back up your File Before trying this..

    I can only think you are asking about the use of a spinner control.
    And it can't do what you want -- as you already determined, but
    here's another *alternative* go at it:

    Let's say your NumberOfPays #'s are in Column M

    Paste into a standard module the two below macros:

    Sub IncreaseValueByOne()
    If Not Intersect(ActiveCell, Columns("M:M")) Is Nothing Then
    ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value + 1

    Sub DecreaseValueByOne()
    If Not Intersect(ActiveCell, Columns("M:M")) Is Nothing Then
    ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value - 1

    Add a Command-Button - with Caption "Increase" and assign it to Macro
    IncreaseValueByOne()

    Add a Command-Button - with Caption "Decrease" and assign it to Macro
    DecreaseValueByOne()

    Hummmm,

    Use Forms

  5. #5

    wow

    that was a really clever solution- thanks a lot for that Jim! It works really really well! sorry bout the late reply!