SumIF through filtered data

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 365

    SumIF through filtered data

    Hi All,

    I have a long list data which is alist of employee with their errors made on their work. I have summarized the errors by step and errors type to 2 tables. What I need is to be ablt to choose any one staff by their employee ID and the two tables will automatically change to reflect only their data rather than the entire data.

    I have attached a simplified version for reference. I need the Summary By Step and Summary by Errors Type to change when I choose any one of the employee by their employee id with the filter function. Is there a way ? Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: SumIF through filtered data

    In D14 use

    =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(H$2,ROW($H$3:$H$9)-ROW($H$2),,1)),--($G$3:$G$9
    =B14),$H$3:$H$9)

    etc.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...