Plus a cell reference

  1. #1

    Plus a cell reference

    Hi,

    Im trying to add a formula that adds +1 to a cell reference number.

    example
    1=c12 original
    2=c12
    3=c12
    4=c12
    5=a1+1 cell ref which would be c13
    6=a2+1 cell ref which would be c13

    I have tried drag and drop and it does not follow sequence

    Or if a formula can be written to read a cell ref number in a cell for example "B25" in cell D1 and display the in actually in cell B25 in D1

    thanks
    Last edited by Brento; 08-19-2006 at 07:19 PM.

  2. #2
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: Plus a cell reference

    Put this in cell A1 and then fill down with it.

    =IF(ROW(A1)>4,OFFSET(C$12,INT(ROW(A1)/4),0),OFFSET(C$12,0,0))

  3. #3
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: Plus a cell reference

    Disregard what I just posted - after putting it up, I noticed that there is
    one group that is just a set of 3 instead of a set of 4, others are OK.
    Working on correcting that.

  4. #4
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: Plus a cell reference

    OK, after a couple of false starts, this will give you groups of 4. Put this
    formula in A1 and extend it down:

    =OFFSET(C$12,INT((ROW(A1)-1)/4),0)