Protected cell performing hyperlink

  1. #1

    Protected cell performing hyperlink

    Hi,

    I have a protected sheet, with a few unprotected cells. One of the cells (say, E6) has a simple hyperlink back to Sheet1. My problem is that when a protected cell is selected, it executes whatever hyperlink is in E6.

    I have tried working round the problem by making the hyperlink in E6 point back to it's own worksheet and creating another hyperlink elsewhere to return to Sheet1 (which is a Return to Main menu function). Same problem occurs, which seems a little odd to me.

    I have also tried unprotecting A1 (and testing with a dummy hyperlink) as I read somewhere that it may be jumping to the first unprotected cell. Same problem.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Bam
    Guest

    RE: Protected cell performing hyperlink

    Help, I have an Excel spreadsheet that is shared with others, I need to
    password-protect just 2 colums.
    Can you help??

    Bam

  3. #3
    Well yes, I can help (but it doesn't help me )

    Highlight your 2 columns, Format Cells, Protection tab. Take out the Locked check box.

    Then Tools -> Protect Sheet and enter a password for the now Unlocked cells