Need a little help please.

  1. #1

    Need a little help please.

    Hello.
    I am putting together a spreadsheet but have struggled to get past this final stage
    Basically I have a spreadsheet which will show across a row.
    A B C
    user name Ref (which will be O, S, or U) a number of days between 2 dates.

    I need a formula which will "look" at whether cell in B is U, S, or O.
    It also has to "look" at whether the days in cell C is above 22 for (O or U) or above 11 for S

    If the criteria is above these amounts the cell will display a message "Call HR"
    If it is below these levels it will display "no action"

    Any help is very much obliged
    hotdog

  2. #2
    Muhammed Rafeek M
    Guest

    RE: Need a little help please.

    Try this function:
    =IF(AND(B2="S",C2>11),"Call HR",IF(OR(B2="U",B2="O")*(C2>22),"Call HR","No
    Action"))

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Need a little help please.

    You will need a combination of AND & OR. try this
    =IF(OR(AND(B2="s",C2>11),AND(C2>22,OR(B2="o",B2="u"))),"c","N")

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

  4. #4

    Wink thanks

    Muhammed and Don.
    Many thanks for these. Both seem to work. I have put some test data through. What a great welcome to the forum.
    Thanks again

  5. #5
    Don Guillett
    Guest