Excel "IF" function

  1. #1
    stevieboy1313
    Guest

    Excel "IF" function

    I need a formula that will, for example, if F4 on Worksheet 1 is >49999, it
    will display the entire row 4 on another worksheet?

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor Excelenator's Avatar
    Wantagh, NY
    Where on the worksheet should the row appear? If it is row 4 in the original is it ok for it to be row for in the target worksheet? If so you can use a very simple IF statement as an array formula. The formula would be something like this

    =IF(Sheet2!$D2>49999,Sheet2!A2,"") entered into cell A2 on the target worksheet and entered using CSE (Ctl-Shft-Enter). Then you can copy this formula to all the cells and rows in the target sheet and only the rows that meet the criteria will appear.
    ONLY APPLIES TO VBA RESPONSES WHERE APPROPRIATE
    To insert code into the VBE (Visual Basic Editor)
    1. Copy the code.
    2. Open workbook to paste code into.
    3. Right click any worksheet tab, select View Code
    4. VBE (Visual Basic Editor) opens to that sheets object
    5. You may change to another sheets object or the This Workbook object by double clicking it in the Project window
    6. In the blank space below the word "General" paste the copied code.

  3. #3
    stevieboy1313
    Guest

    Re: Excel "IF" function

    Well, I'll have the target worksheet formatted the same, but when I tried
    that formula, it only displays the first column in the target, instead of the
    whole row. I have all the cells listed in the formula, but they don't show.

  4. #4
    Valued Forum Contributor Excelenator's Avatar
    Wantagh, NY
    Once you enter the formula in cell A2 you have to copy it to all rows and columns of your data. If your original data is in cells A2:G30 then you have to copy the formula to cells A2:G30 in your target worksheet as well.

  5. #5
    stevieboy1313
    Guest

    Re: Excel "IF" function

    OK, I don't think that will get me what I need anyway. I need a formula that
    says, "hey, the data entered in D6 is =/> 50,000, so I need to copy all of
    Row 6 onto another worksheet". Is that possible? It seems like it would be.
    But I think that the formula needs to be in D6, and not in the other
    worksheet.

  6. #6
    Valued Forum Contributor Excelenator's Avatar
    Wantagh, NY
    What you are looking for is not a formula but VBA code.

  7. #7

    if

    i have a question of the if function

    if i have inserted and jpg image in cell A1

    and then want to use that picture in lets say 300 cells.. how should i do that without having to insert the picture 300 times into those cells.

    can i just program those 300 cells with a link to the A1 cell?

    i need this done because i want to be able to change that picture in A1 and automatically get the other 300 cells changing them into that A1 pic.

    is this possible in excel?

    thanks