How to seperate OT and Reg. Hours from total hours

  1. #1
    cmc1111
    Guest

    How to seperate OT and Reg. Hours from total hours

    I am setting up an employee spread sheet for tracking and billing hours
    worked. What I would like to do is enter the total daily hours an employee
    works and have Excel seperate and quantify both regular hours and OT hours.
    What function can I use to sum daily hours equal to or less than 8 hours, and
    sum everything over 8 hours seperately.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to seperate OT and Reg. Hours from total hours

    Chip Pearson covers this material at his site.

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: How to seperate OT and Reg. Hours from total hours

    cmc1111, have a look here for timesheet examples, there is also some or
    links at the bottom, may even find one you can use

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    If your daily totals are in H2:H8 in time format this formula will give you overtime

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(H2:H8-"8:00"),--(H2:H8>"08:00"+0))

    formatted as [h]:mm

    then for regular hours, if the above formula is in H10

    =SUM(H2:H8)-H10

  5. #5
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: How to seperate OT and Reg. Hours from total hours

    Would have helped if I had put in the link

    It was the same as Gord's

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to seperate OT and Reg. Hours from total hours

    Happens all too frequently from this quarter<g>

    Gord

    On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:53:10 -0400, "Paul B" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Would have helped if I had put in the link
    >
    >It was the same as Gord's

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP