+ Reply to Thread

Excel 2007 : realtime sales percentages

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

realtime sales percentages

hi guys

first time poster here, please be gentle

basically, what im looking for help with is a speadsheet with the least amount of user input requirement as poss. this clearly sounds like a "how can i work the least amount of time for the most money" question, but my reasoning is that i work in a call centre for a mobile network that does involve an ever increasing amount of sales. As we are constantly taking calls, we dont have a great amount of time between calls, to be inputting data to figure out realtime stats. ive tasked myself with creating this spreadsheet as a way to earn some brownie points with management. i know such speadsheets are possible because there are a few that we do use for similar stats. a good example of exactly what i need, would be one that we use for aftercall (time between calls, to write notes etc), which only requires the user to input the total calls taken and the total amount of aftercall in minutes/secs, to create an average of seconds aftercall. the one i need would ideally just have a list of the products to be sold, with a field for the amount of sales per item to create an average £ per call against total calls taken. with the added twist of also being able to create a percentage of offers made against total calls also. thanks in advance for any assistance and apologies if im posting this in the wrong area.

MS-Off Ver
    Darth Office 2010

Re: realtime sales percentages

Hi,

From what you have said it sounds perfectly possible.

Rather than guessing the finer details of what you require and try to put together the whole thing for you the thing to do would be to ask specific questions about the parts of producing this that you are not sure about.

Dom

Dom
    "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch..."

Use code tags when posting your VBA code: [code] Your code here [/code]

Remember, saying thanks only takes a second or two. Click the little star to give some Rep if you think an answer deserves it.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Hi Dom,

thanks for the respnse and sorry for the late reply.

My honest answer to your comment, is that i did an excel course around 5 years ago and havnt had the need/opportunity, to use it since, so my knowledge has corroded, nevermind gone rusty. Ive attached another spreadshhet that we already use, that is in the format that im interested in. The reason im mythering you guys, is because ive stupidly told my boss that i would sort this and then quickly realised that its a lot more difficult than it looks. Ive also attached a simple idea of what i need. The main purpose of this spreadsheet, is very quick access to live stats with the least amount of user input as possible, due to the lack of time, we are allocated inbetween calls. In terms of the questions you require of me, there is really only one. I dont know how to do this and i have my cap in hand, hoping for a kind sole, to help me out. i dont expect you to use your onw time to just go and do my work for me, but if you know of any useful links with some templates maybe, of similar spreadsheets like the after call one i attached, that would be great.
    Attached Files Attached Files

MS-Off Ver
    Darth Office 2010

So do you want to enter the values for Car through to Hmm Burger and the number of calls and come up with a £ Per Call and Usage % using a calculation of some kind?

Dom

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

hey dom,

you have cracked it. ive just mocked up the idea i have of how it would look. sorry for the rough look but had about 2 mins to do this
    Attached Images Attached Images

MS-Off Ver
    Darth Office 2010

I gathered the layout from your previous post. It's the details of the calculations I assumed your were struggling with.

Dom

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

yeh, i pretty much dont know where to start with the calculations. the course i did was pretty basic and clearly no where near enough to help me with this. ive clearly offered to do something that im not able to do, but was trying to earn some browny points with the boss. i dont have any up to date product values at the moment, but am i right in saying that the correct figures can be added at a later stage.

MS-Off Ver
    Darth Office 2010

What you need to worry about for now is how the thing is going to work. Think about how you do the process manually at the moment and try to explain that.

Dom

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Thats the problem, we dont do it ourselves at the moment. they just get sent to us around twice a week. The damage is already done by then though and we get the roasting for not hitting targets!. we do have a system where we log the sales that have been made, but that gives no indication of even how many calls we have logged, nevermind, what our offers are. Im not being much help her am i. I think this is a case of, anything is better that what we have at the moment, which is nothing.

MS-Off Ver
    Darth Office 2010

Well you're going to have to find out from someone how it works at the moment to be able to build something in Excel to replace it (unless your crystal ball is a bit less foggy than mine).

Maybe the attached will get you started.

Dom
    Attached Files Attached Files

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information