Plot stacked absolute numbers and stacked percentage (100 %) in one graph
I have worked with excel for many years, but I have rarely done graphs that go further than the standard functionality. Hence I have little experience and wanted to take this opportunity to seek help from this community. I work in finance in Zurich.
What I aim to do is the following:
- we have three business streams: LSC, SME and CTF
- in each stream, there are a number of documents that need to be sent out to clients
- each document represents a contract (e.g. a trade finance guarantee or a loan) with a certain value
So for the streams on the x-axis, I would like to plot:
- on the left y-axis a stacked column of the value of the sent and then above the not sent contracts (in absolute terms) - so mgmt can see the impact of each stream in absolute terms
- on the right x-axis a stacked column (in percentage, so for all the streams the columns should have the same height) with the distribution of sent and not sent
This chart would give valuable insights: firstly, mgmt can see the status of sending the documents (in percentage), but also the absolute impact of each stream.
I would be very happy if somebody found time to assist me on this.
EDIT: Problem solved - quicker than I thought. Just click on "Change Series Chart Type". New question now: how can I have the columns next to each other instead of overlapping? If I separate them, one stack stays central, but the other one is torn apart - the lower one to the left and the upper one to the right of the then center column
Many thanks in advance
Last edited by kufa85; 08-23-2016 at 05:11 AM.
Re: Plot stacked absolute numbers and stacked percentage (100 %) in one graph
If you click on each column then right click to select "Format Data Series" by changing the % for either "Series Overlap" or "Gap Width" you may achieve what you want.
Does this help
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By mucbeanz in forum Excel Programming / VBA / Macros
Last Post: 01-14-2016, 03:21 AM
By codeslizer in forum Excel Charting & Pivots
Last Post: 07-15-2013, 05:05 AM
By MTAL in forum Excel Charting & Pivots
Last Post: 05-30-2013, 10:03 AM
By MQ in forum Excel Charting & Pivots
Last Post: 10-10-2011, 02:53 PM
By y in forum Excel Charting & Pivots
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 02:06 PM
By JMZ in forum Excel Charting & Pivots
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 12:06 PM
By Jacqueline in forum Excel Charting & Pivots
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 1