Camera Feature

  1. #1
    Kellie
    Guest

    Camera Feature

    Does Excel have a camera feature? How does it work? I have been asked to
    use the camera feature to take a picture of a chart on one worksheet and
    place picture on another worksheet.

  2. #2
    Kelly O'Day
    Guest

    Re: Camera Feature

    Kellie:

    Yes, Excel does have a camera tool.

    John Walkenbach has a write-up on it at
    http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/odd/odd04.htm

    You'll need to insert an icon on your toolbar to be able to access it.

    To place on your toolbar, Go to Tools > Options > Tools - navigate down
    tools list to Camera. The icon looks like a camera.

    Select the icon, drag it to the toolbar location where you want it to
    reside. I have mine on main toolbar.

    ....Kelly

    [email protected]

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ant.
    Guest

    Re: Camera Feature

    Kellie be warned that Excel's camera feature has a few strange bugs.
    In particular, you may find that when you try to print the worksheet
    containing a camera picture of a graph, the graph will resize
    strangely, and the original graph (wherever it is) will be affected.

    Kelly O'Day has recommended that the camera feature only be used to
    copy sections of data tables. See our posts under the topic "Dashboard
    Reporting - plot area changes on print preview".

    Ant.

  4. #4
    london
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: Camera Feature

    A camera tool can help you to create a live image of a cell or range of cells with a single click. And you can paste it anywhere in the worksheet.