Creating GIFs in Excel 2003 for use in Dreamweaver

  1. #1
    Lou Crandall
    Guest

    Creating GIFs in Excel 2003 for use in Dreamweaver

    I have used Excel in the past to create GIF files of charts to be uploaded to
    the Web through Dreamweaver without difficulty. Using Excel 2003, however,
    GIF files that I create by "saving as web page" turn out fuzzy when posted to
    the web. (They look fine when copied to Word or Paint -- haven't tried
    Photoshop.) This is true whether I use a chart from an old file created in
    an earlier version of Excel or a new chart built from scratch in the Excel
    2003. I've looked through the chart settings to see if my new version of
    Excel is configured differently from the old, and haven't found anything that
    seems to explain the problem. Is this a widespread issue?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Creating GIFs in Excel 2003 for use in Dreamweaver

    Andy Pope has a free add-in that you can use to export images:

    http://www.andypope.info/vba/gex.htm

    Perhaps the gif images from that will give better results.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Creating GIFs in Excel 2003 for use in Dreamweaver

    In addition to Debra's suggestion, you can also try: Select chart, then
    hold down the SHIFT key and select Edit | Copy Picture... and
    experiment with the different options offered.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>, =?Utf-
    8?B?TG91IENyYW5kYWxs?= <Lou [email protected]> says...