Help! I'm losing one series of data in an overlay chart.

  1. #1
    Charts are Us
    Guest

    Help! I'm losing one series of data in an overlay chart.

    I have 5 series of data, one is different from the first four. I create them
    all in a column chart then edit the one different series to be a combination
    line on the column chart with a secondary axis. When I do that I lose one
    whole data series of the 4 similar ones. It is recognized by excel but not
    plotted. It seems almost like excel only wants to plot 3 series as a column
    and the others have to be a line, but I know this chart is possible, I've
    seen it elsewhere. Help!

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Help! I'm losing one series of data in an overlay chart.

    Instead of changing the chart to a combination line, try changing the series
    that you want to show as a line to an XY Scatter Chart with the option
    "Scatter with data points connected by lines".

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com