graph displayed in ascending order of value?

  1. #1

    graph displayed in ascending order of value?

    I would like my graph to shows values in ascending order
    on the x-axis. I know how to do this manually however as
    the values change on a weekly basis I would like the
    graph to autoimatically do this for.

    regards Ant

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: graph displayed in ascending order of value?

    You can do this on an XY chart. On the format axis menu, you can change
    the scale to display the values in reverse order. If you are using
    something besides an XY chart, please let us know.

    "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: graph displayed in ascending order of value?

    Hi,
    thanks for the reply but when I chnged the scale to
    display values in reverse order the chart I'm using
    displayed the same information only upside down. Am I
    doing something wrong?

    Cheers Ant

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: graph displayed in ascending order of value?

    Anthony -

    Did you format the right axis? What's the data look like? Remember, if you change
    the order on the X axis, the shape of the plotted data will change.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services