Strange Problem with Chart and Plot Visible Cells Option

  1. #1
    Marcus Leon
    Guest

    Strange Problem with Chart and Plot Visible Cells Option

    I'm deslecting the "Plot visible cells only" option on some charts in
    order to display a chart while hiding the data. It works well except
    for one case.

    On one chart when I deselect this option, Excel adds some additional
    series' to my chart and also changes the range of my X axis labels.
    Does anyone have a clue about this? I'm totally stumped.

    Note that on all my charts I've using the Offset and CountA functions
    to create dynamic charts that automatically update the chart when new
    data is added.

    Thanks very much.

    Marcus

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Strange Problem with Chart and Plot Visible Cells Option

    Marcus -

    If your series are in columns, and there is some data in hidden columns, these will
    appear as new series. The hidden rows will have points that are inserted within the
    series, providing for more X categories. Offset and Count/CountA are not affected by
    hiding or showing cells.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP