Display cell value on a chart.

  1. #1
    Andrew Constantinidis
    Guest

    Display cell value on a chart.

    I have a spreadsheet that uses several "switches" to include or exclude
    certain data or calculations. I want to chart some of the results. I want the
    values of the switches to be included in the chart, say within a text box.

    Ex: I have a cell that is either "Yes" or "No" to determin whether the
    revenue from oil production should be included. I also have a cell that is a
    list of possible development scenarios. I want to include the value of this
    cell too. I need more than one cell's value to be displayed at a time.

    Ideally, it would be something like a text box (that can be placed anywhere)
    that displays the value of a worksheet cell. This would allow labeling of the
    chart to reduce confusion.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Display cell value on a chart.

    Andrew -

    Concatenate the desired textbox contents in a single worksheet cell. To make a
    textbox that's linked to this cell, select the chart, press the equals key, and
    select the cell with the mouse. A little formatting and you're done. The textbox is
    dynamically linked to the cell, and updates when the cell changes.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services