How can I write vertically in some columns on an Excel spreadshee.

  1. #1
    Teacher using spreadsheets
    Guest

    How can I write vertically in some columns on an Excel spreadshee.

    I am a teacher and take attendance on Excel spreadsheets. I want to
    vertically write 'Christmas Holiday" or other wording in some columns. I
    would imagine there is a way, perhaps using PowerPointm but I do not know it.
    Also I have not been able to find it in 'help'. Any help out there?

  2. #2
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    6,451
    Why would you ask this in the Charting NG?

    Try this:

    Select the cell you want to write vertically in.
    Click Format > Cells > Alignment tab
    On the right side you'll see Orientation
    Click anywhere within the vertically aligned "Text" if you want your text like that and press OK
    OR adjust the angle of your text from 90 to -90 by clicking and dragging the end of the pointer or clicking the up or down arrow on the spinner control.

    Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How can I write vertically in some columns on an Excel spreadshee.

    Select the cell that contains the text
    Choose Format>Cells
    Select the Alignment tab
    In the Orientation section, click on the Vertical text,
    or drag the red diamond to rotate the text
    Click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List