is there a way to hide zeros in a line graph

  1. #1
    L Young
    Guest

    is there a way to hide zeros in a line graph

    I'm creating a line graph which shows zeros. I do not want to show them

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: is there a way to hide zeros in a line graph

    Replace zeros by =NA()

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    L Young
    Guest

    Re: is there a way to hide zeros in a line graph

    Bernard,
    Thanks for helping. The problem is the cell is a link and I don't think I
    can manipulate the cell b/c of link. Any other way to include answers in
    graph greater than '0'.
    Linda

  4. #4
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: is there a way to hide zeros in a line graph

    If the cells are blank, use Tools|Options and open the chart tab and specify
    what to do with blanks cells.
    What is the formula for the link? (You may want to email me directly)

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: is there a way to hide zeros in a line graph

    If the cell is linked, there must be a formula. So replace this:

    =A1

    with this:

    =IF(A1<>0,A1,NA())

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  6. #6
    Jakob Austgulen
    Guest

    Re: is there a way to hide zeros in a line graph

    But I dont want #NA in my sheet.
    --

    Jakob

    "Jon Peltier" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:%[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: is there a way to hide zeros in a line graph

    Jakob -

    Use conditional formatting to hide it:

    http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Errors

    Or break down and create two ranges, one for display of the data, the other for the
    chart's source data. If you link them to the original data, they should agree.

    - Jon
    -------