How do I "index" data in a line graph?

  1. #1
    ShirleyJL
    Guest

    How do I "index" data in a line graph?

    I have 3 points of data for 10 separate firms. I currently have data plotted
    as a line graph, but want to index the graph the following way:

    - Firm with lowest data point is index "1"
    - All other lines for other firms are a factor of that line "1"

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: How do I "index" data in a line graph?

    You could sort the data you want to index in the order you want it displayed
    on the graph.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I "index" data in a line graph?

    Shirley -

    You probably need to set up another worksheet range, to hold the manipulated data
    needed in the chart. I am guessing from the description that if you divide all other
    values by the low company's values, you will get your normalized values. Plot this
    normalized range.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP