Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

3D Chart with Continuous Data in all three Axes

  1. #1
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    3D Chart with Continuous Data in all three Axes

    I am attempting to create a 3D chart with continuous data in the X, Y and Z
    axis. I have reviewed Tushar Mehta's 3D chart techniques, but one of the
    axes is functionally a "line" chart and not continuous. Do I have any
    options with Excel to get a REAL X, Y, Z plot?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance,

    Barb Reinhardt

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: 3D Chart with Continuous Data in all three Axes

    Barb -

    You can fake 3D x-y-z charts if you know a little trig, or have clever friends like
    Andy Pope (http://andypope.info) and Fernando Cinquegrani
    (http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html). Check out their examples.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: 3D Chart with Continuous Data in all three Axes

    I found it. Never mind.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: 3D Chart with Continuous Data in all three Axes

    My initial reply this AM didn't come through. I looked at both of these,
    but they didn't provide exactly what I was looking for, so I decided to
    create my own. As trigonometry is a distant memory, I had to do a small
    bit of research, but I'm getting something like what I need now. Thanks
    for sending me in the right direction.

    "Jon Peltier" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Barb -
    >
    > You can fake 3D x-y-z charts if you know a little trig, or have clever

    friends like
    > Andy Pope (http://andypope.info) and Fernando Cinquegrani
    > (http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html). Check out their examples.
    >
    > - Jon
    > -------
    > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    > Peltier Technical Services
    > Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    > http://PeltierTech.com/
    > _______
    >
    > Barb Reinhardt wrote:
    >
    > > I am attempting to create a 3D chart with continuous data in the X, Y

    and Z
    > > axis. I have reviewed Tushar Mehta's 3D chart techniques, but one of

    the
    > > axes is functionally a "line" chart and not continuous. Do I have any
    > > options with Excel to get a REAL X, Y, Z plot?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for your assistance,
    > >
    > > Barb Reinhardt

Closed Thread