Stacked Bar y-axis

  1. #1
    Gian
    Guest

    Stacked Bar y-axis

    The order of the data plot by the stacked bar (y-axis) is opposite from the
    data range I selected. How can I change that so the order is same as the data
    I hace in the worksheet?

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Stacked Bar y-axis

    The easiest way for me is to select the bar that you want at the bottom. In
    the command line, you should see something like this:

    =SERIES(Sheet1!$D$1,,Sheet1!$D$2:$D$7,4)

    Change the 4 at the end of the series to 1 and it will be at the bottom of
    the stack.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Stacked Bar y-axis

    Another way: Format any of the series, and adjust the plot order on the Order tab.

    In general, you can only reorder among the same type of series, on the same axis. If
    you have a combination chart, A as a line and B as a column, you cannot reverse
    their order. If lines A and B are on the primary axis and C and D on the secondary,
    you can only switch among A and B or among C and D.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services