xl chart font sizing into PPT

  1. #1
    Brian Reilly, MS MVP
    Guest

    xl chart font sizing into PPT

    Hi Jon and Tushar, et al,
    Problem is getting charts from XL into PPT with the font sizing
    remaining intact as planned. E.g. want x and y axes as 10 points. (VBA
    alllowed here)

    Typically would use custom chart sheet page sizes to handle this and
    does work perfectly by resizing Insert/Object to 100% (never use
    copy/paste). Problem lies in chart being planned at right size but
    underrsized for this month 'cuz gotta add more text in textbox above
    it. So chart gets smaller and so do fonts.

    So end user resizes chart down some % which resizes fonts in "actual
    size, but not in XL size" (XL still thinks it's 10 points but it's
    smaller than a 10 point font size text box in PPT textbox.

    Here's my plan. Make sense or not?
    Reactivate every XL chart with VBA and resize the font back to 10
    points, but that works conceptually except that the reactivated OLE
    object thinks it's still 10 points which it's really not to PPT. So I
    figure I just have to capture the pre measures top/left/width/height
    and font sizes and do some arithmetic (which XL could do) and resize
    the fonts from whatever they were to whatever they should be. I don't
    think "Don't resize fonts option works here" or would it?

    Any ideas.

    Brian Reilly, PowerPoint MVP

  2. #2
    could you possibly just do something as simple as selecting the font, sizing it way big and then trying to size it to size 10 again? Maybe it would "wake up" the system and maybe it would give you the correct size 10.

    Just a suggestion. Don't know if it helped.

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: xl chart font sizing into PPT

    Brian -

    Let me noodle on this. I had an unsatisfying go at this with MSG, and I'm not sure
    Excel as OLE objects would behave any better.

    - Jon