Floating column chart

  1. #1
    Gian
    Guest

    Floating column chart

    I try to create a floating column chart for the daily minimum and maximum
    temperature. I start by create a stacked column chart by ploting two series
    of data: minimum temperature and (maximum - minimum) temperature, and then I
    make the minimum temperature series invisible. This work fine if the minimum
    and maxmum temperature both are above 0 degree or below 0 degree. It will not
    work if the minimum is less than 0 degree and maximum is greater than 0
    degree. How can I solve this problem?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Floating column chart

    You could plot it in terms of absolute temperature and then use Rob Bovey's
    chart labeler to identify the temp in the units you want.

    http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Floating column chart

    Gian -

    This page tells how to deal with stacked column charts that cross the X axis:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...eAndBelow.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP