pivot chart format

  1. #1
    Valeria
    Guest

    pivot chart format

    Dear experts,
    I am having problems trying to format the number for a pivot chart field,
    when I drop it on the x-axis of the chart. I have a certain format in my
    database, but when I create the pivot chart, this format is lost, and I can't
    recreate it. I have tried forcing it from the pivot table on which the chart
    is based, the formatting is accepted by the table but not shown on the chart.

    It is very annoying to me, because I get these 10-digits unreadable numbers
    on the x-axis of my chart, while all I need is a 2 digits %!

    Can you please help?
    Many thanks in advance,
    best regards,
    Valeria

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: pivot chart format

    Valeria -

    A common problem is that formatting of Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts is volatile.
    It's described in the charting FAQs here:

    http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...?ID=209#jon026

    and in the MS knowledge base here:

    XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting (215904)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP