Triangular Coordinates

  1. #1
    Al
    Guest

    Triangular Coordinates

    Can someone point me to a routine that will plot my data
    on triangulat coordinates?

    TIA

    AL

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Triangular Coordinates

    I've not seen one. I suspect someone has figured it out. If that's not
    available, you may have to resort to the use of trig to convert the
    triangular coordinates to X,Y coordinates.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Triangular Coordinates

    Would you like to give examples of some data?
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

  4. #4
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Triangular Coordinates

    I think he wants something like this.

    geographyfieldwork.com/TriangularGraph.gif

    Barb

    news:eMCxpaX%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Guest

    Re: Triangular Coordinates

    I'll give you 2 generic examples: You have a mixture of
    three components. They, of course, add up to 100%. You
    measure some property for the different mixtures; this is
    what you want to plot. It could be, say, physical
    strength, or expected return from three asset classes.

    message

  6. #6
    Guest

    Re: Triangular Coordinates

    That's it Barb. Thanks

    message

  7. #7
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Triangular Coordinates

    I haven't tested this, but it might be what you want.

    http://www.geologynet.com/programs/ternplot.xls

    or do a google search for ternary plot and excel.