Scatter Graph - Data Label Problems

  1. #1
    TBD
    Guest

    Scatter Graph - Data Label Problems

    Can anyone help? I have a scatter graph charting information from 3 columns,
    ID No., Rank and volume. I only use ID. No as I would like to use the number
    as a data label in my chart.

    The X-Axes of the chart is Dealer No and Rank, but the heading of the axes
    is "rank". The Y-Axes is Volume. The Scatter graph plots the ID No's by
    rank and volume. I have then asked it to "Show Label" as the Data Label, but
    it adds both the rank and ID No figure to each point. I don't want this, I
    want to only display the ID No figure.

    I have previously been going through every point and deleting the Rank
    figure off, but this is time-consuming, and when the figures in the base
    table change my graph updates, but keeps the original labels rather than the
    new ID No's. So while the points are in the correct position, the data
    labels are incorrect as I have manually changed them.

    Is there a way round this, as I would like to set the graph up once then
    allow it to automatically update itself when I change the base table?

    I hope this makes sense, and I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me!!

    TBD

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Scatter Graph - Data Label Problems

    It sounds like you need Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler.

    http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Scatter Graph - Data Label Problems

    Fleshing out Barb's response...

    Don't plot the ID No. if the only reason for including it was to get
    it into a label. Plot just the Rank (x-axis) and Volume (y-axis).
    Now, use Rob's Chartlabeler (or John Walkenbach's ChartTools -- www.j-
    walk.com) and use the 'ID No' as the data label series.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>,