Text box in Excel Chart

  1. #1
    rrs
    Guest

    Text box in Excel Chart

    I am unable to place a textbox into an Excel chart plot area and have it
    remain visible when the textbox in un-selected. Cannot view, does not show
    up in Print preview unless I click outside of the chart in some cell.
    Have tried "draw/order/bring to front"
    Any good ideas?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Text box in Excel Chart

    Your textboxes are on the worksheet, instead of on the chart.
    When you activate the chart, it covers the textboxes.

    To add a textbox to the chart:

    First, select the chart (it will have a black square handle in each
    corner, and on each side)
    Then, add the text box to the selected chart.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Text box in Excel Chart

    In fact, if you select the chart as Debra describes, then start typing, when you
    press Enter, the text you typed appears in a text box in the middle of the chart.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  4. #4
    rrs
    Guest

    RE: Text box in Excel Chart

    Thanks to you both.....I felt sure I was doing it exactly as Debra
    stated....however I guess not. Apparently you were correct....it works!