display last entry in Excel

  1. #1
    ayedeeh
    Guest

    display last entry in Excel

    I have created a column that calculates the running total, and i would like
    Excel to use only the last value in the list. however, when a new value is
    added to the bottom of the list, excel will then take that entry.

    Can anybody help. Thanks

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: display last entry in Excel

    Ayedeeh

    If the data is contiguous, (say in column A), you could use this

    =INDIRECT("A"&COUNTA(A:A))

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ayedeeh
    Guest

    Re: display last entry in Excel

    What if the list is not continuous, or if i display "zero values", can i get
    it to display the last entry greater than 1?

  4. #4
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: display last entry in Excel

    ayedeeh

    I used contiguous, not continuous, that is, there is no gaps in the data.
    0's work fine