Pivot Chart: cannot apply the default chart type...

  1. #1
    doco
    Guest

    Pivot Chart: cannot apply the default chart type...

    Using Excel 2000

    I am attempting, what is fast becoming apparent to be a lifetime study, to
    learn about PivotTables/PivotCharts - they are powerful and facinating. I
    am not a novice with Excel.

    However, no matter the dataset or configuration of resulting array; whether
    attempting chart after table has been created or selecting "PivotChart (with
    PivotTable) at the beginning, when attempting to create a pivot chart from
    my data this error occurs: "Cannot apply the default chart type to the
    selected data."

    I cannot find an "option" or configuration that would disallow creation of
    charts or change "default chart type". So, are there any ideas as to what
    the problem may be - user brain fart notwithstanding?

    TIA

  2. #2
    doco
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Chart: cannot apply the default chart type...

    Found the problem: somehow the "Set as Default Chart" got changed to
    something beside "BarChart" - ARGH!

    "user brain fart category" :-)

    news:OB5Zj$%23%[email protected]...