Controlling excel chart axis

  1. #1
    Rain
    Guest

    Controlling excel chart axis

    Hi,

    I have automated plotting of charts of date v/s speed recorded on a
    particular day with date on the x-axis and speed on the y-axis for each car
    that is being tested say Focus, Escort and Ikon. The graph gets displayed
    properly for the first data selected
    (say Focus) from a combo box. Now, for the other selection, the graph axis
    are getting reversed i.e date is getting plotted on the y-axis and speed on
    the x-axis !

    Is there some why to control this ?
    I’m using Excel with VBA.

    TIA

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Controlling excel chart axis

    Is it still the same type of chart? You must somehow be mixing up Values and XValues
    for the additional series you are adding. Make sure also that you consistently have
    the X values to the left of the Y values in the worksheet.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services