Chart Title

  1. #1
    LDanix
    Guest

    Chart Title

    Is it possible to refer back to a cell for part or all of the Chart Title?
    Also, is the same possible when naming worksheets?

  2. #2
    The Netherlands
    Yes for the Chart Title, but No for the Sheetname.

  3. #3
    Seattle, WA

    Yes for Both

    The chart title is easy: Select the title, then move the cursor to the formula bar and enter = and the cell address.

    One way to link a cell and a sheet name or chart name is to use the Change worksheet event and/or the Calculate worksheet event with VBA. If the value of the cell changes then rename the chart with the new value.

    Regards,
    Sean

  4. #4
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: Chart Title

    righlcick chart-click sorucedata. choose series-,in the existing series go
    to the line<name> click the icon and click the cell where the name is
    located hit enter and click ok . now see the chart. is the new title shown?
    you can also write a vba

    reg sheetname you can add this code statement in vba
    activesheet.name=range("I3")
    I3 is cell where the name is located.

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Chart Title

    Hi,

    You can link all of the chart title to a cell.
    Click the chart title and then in the formula bar enter =
    now click the cell with the chart title in it and press enter.
    This works for data labels as well.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --