Change the default chart colours

  1. #1
    TonyJD
    Guest

    Change the default chart colours

    When I create a pivot bar chart there are preset default colours. I can
    change the colours but when I refresh the data the colours change back to the
    original ones. How do I keep the same colours?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Change the default chart colours

    Hi

    This is a know problem.

    XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting (215904)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Change the default chart colours

    If it's just the colors you don't like, you can change the default colors in a
    chart. On the Tools menu, choose Options, then click on the Color tab. The bottom
    two rows of the palette are used for charting. Adjust them as you see fit. When
    you've customized a workbook's palette (it's not Excel-wide, but stored with the
    workbook), you can copy it into another workbook from the same dialog.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services