How do I get a second Y axis in Excel 2000

  1. #1
    Cathy1114
    Guest

    How do I get a second Y axis in Excel 2000

    I'm trying to create an x y scatter chart with 2 Y axis. I follow the
    instructions on the web site, but I don't get the option in the format
    pull-down. I'm beginning to think Excel 2000 doesn't support the 2 Y axis
    option. Am I nuts?

  2. #2
    Seattle, WA

    Axis Tab

    Create the plot in the normal way, with all the data on the primary y axis. Then double click on the data series you want to be on the secondary axis. Got to the axis tab and click on the secondary axis option.

    Doesn't that work?
    Sean

  3. #3
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: How do I get a second Y axis in Excel 2000

    Cathy,

    To get the second Y-axis, double-click on one of the points on the series
    that you want to chart on the second axis. In the Format Data Series dialog
    box, go to the Axis tab. Choose the "Plot series on secondary axis" option.

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I get a second Y axis in Excel 2000

    Cathy -

    Don't forget, you need at least two series before Excel will allow a secondary axis.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services