How to exclude weekends/holidays from plotted time series

  1. #1
    Debbie424242
    Guest

    How to exclude weekends/holidays from plotted time series

    Excel is inserting holidays and weekend days into my time series. I want to
    stop it doing this and to use only my date series.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How to exclude weekends/holidays from plotted time series

    The x-axis has defaulted to a time-scale. To change the setting:

    Select the chart
    Choose Chart>Options
    Select the Axes tab
    For Category (X) axis, choose Category, click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Debbie424242
    Guest

    Re: How to exclude weekends/holidays from plotted time series

    Thanks - this enables me to plot the data without discontinuities, but I lose
    my date formatting. The data I am using is imported from a newswire service,
    so the trading dates get converted to the corresponding numbers when I change
    the x-axis to category.

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How to exclude weekends/holidays from plotted time series

    Debbie -

    You can still use a number format. DOuble click the axis, select the Number tab, and
    choose a date format you like.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP