How do I plot data on a map in excel

  1. #1
    Byron
    Guest

    How do I plot data on a map in excel

    I am using Microsoft office standard 2003. I wish to plot information on a
    local area map within the Clapham Park area, SW2.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: How do I plot data on a map in excel

    Hi,

    There is no built-in functionality for this. You would need a dedicated
    Mapping program with UK based information.

    You can however simulate the chart. If you have an image of the map you
    could use that as the plotarea pattern. You could then use a xy-scatter
    graph to plot information over the map. You would have to determine the
    coordinates by trial and error.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I plot data on a map in excel

    Doesn't MapPoint have a module for Europe? I don't know if it gets down to the
    resolution Byron needs, and it's up to him whether he wants to purchase MapPoint at
    USD200.

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: How do I plot data on a map in excel

    Hi Jon,

    I'm sure it does but I'm *#!* if I can get to it via the MS site. I
    always end up back at the USA version.

    A very quick web search would suggest that a copy of MapPoint,in the UK,
    is in the region of £150.

    I'm sure if Byron needs further assistance he will post back.

    Cheers
    Andy