Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Missing values in Excel Line Chart

  1. #1
    mw55309
    Guest

    Missing values in Excel Line Chart

    Hi
    How do I handle missing values in an Excel chart properly? As an example,
    if we have values for series A which are 3,4,missing,6 and series B which are
    4,missing,6,7 and I want to draw a line graph for these two. For series A
    there should be a continuous line through points 3,4 and 6 and for series B
    there should be a continuous line through points 4,6 and 7. Excel does not
    do this - it either draws a broken line, or sets the missing values to zero.
    But the values are not zero, nor are they missing - I simply did not take
    measurements on those days.

    Help?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Missing values in Excel Line Chart

    Hi,

    If the cells are truly empty the select the chart and then use the menus
    Tools > Options. Select the Chart tab of the dialog.
    There is an option to "Plot empty cells as:", you need the Interpolated
    option.

    If the cells contain formula then use NA() when there is no data to be
    displayed.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --