bar chart with multiple legends?

  1. #1
    Lizzi
    Guest

    bar chart with multiple legends?

    Hello!

    I would like to create a bar graph (in Excel or PP) that contains multiple
    groups of information. For example, on one graph, a group of bars of "gender"
    with bars of male and female, then a group of bars of "race" with bars of
    black, white, Hispanic, then a group of bars of "education" with <HS, HS,
    HS+, etc.

    Right now I can create the different groups, but the legend remains
    constant, so my "race" group has bars of male and female!

    Any suggestions would be appreciated!

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: bar chart with multiple legends?

    How about data in the following format:

    M data in end column
    INTENTIONAL BLANK ROW
    Black data in 3rd column
    White
    Blue
    Green
    Polka dot
    INTENTIONAL BLANK ROW
    < HS data in 4th column
    HS
    Some College
    College

    Then create a column chart for it.

    Is that what you are looking for?

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: bar chart with multiple legends?

    Lizzi,

    If your chart is set up just like you want it to be and the only problem is
    the legend, you might consider setting up a legend via the use of a picture
    of worksheet cells. You delete the original legend, copy a preformatted
    group of worksheet cells set up to look like the legend you want as a
    picture, and then paste that picture into your chart.

    The process is further described the process here:

    http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce..._from_picture/

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield