Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

How do I re-size a chart without using a mouse?

  1. #1
    Kim
    Guest

    How do I re-size a chart without using a mouse?

    I have 9 charts on one legal size area and would like all of them to be
    exactly the same size. If you drag the charts, they still look off balance.
    Is there a way to enter specific sizes? Thank you!!

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: How do I re-size a chart without using a mouse?

    Hi,

    If it is just the chartarea size then you can select all the chart
    objects, hold the SHIFT key whilst click each chart, then CTRL+1 to
    bring up the Format dialog. On the Size tab you can set the same values
    for all charts.

    If its elements within the chart such as plot area or title position
    then the F4 key can be used. Just perform 1 action then select the next
    chart and press F4 to repeat. Beware though that a width and height
    change is actual 2 changes, so only the last change will be repeated.

    If the changes are many then perhaps a VBA solution is more suited.
    Jon has some VBA code for altering chart sizes, including some zipped
    workbooks, that my help.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...oveAChart.html

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Kim
    Guest

    Re: How do I re-size a chart without using a mouse?

    Thank you, Andy!

  4. #4
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: How do I re-size a chart without using a mouse?

    Kim, adding to Andy's note . . .

    This macro will size all of the charts on the active sheet to the same
    height and width. It also lines each chart up to a vertical left side
    border. To change the sizes of the charts, make changes to the height and
    width numbers.

    If you only want the macro to size the charts the same without aligning
    them, put an apostrophe ( ‘ ) in from of the “ChtObj.Left = 100� line.

    To copy the macro into your workbook, go to Tools -> Macro -> Visual Basic
    Editor. In the toolbar, go to Insert -> Module. Copy the macro into the new
    code module. When you’ve completed copying the macro into the module, go
    back to the toolbar and hit File -> Close to get back to the spreadsheet.

    Sub SizeCharts()
    Dim ChtObj As ChartObject
    If ActiveChart Is Nothing Then MsgBox "Click on a chart and then run
    macro"
    For Each ChtObj In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
    ChtObj.Left = 100
    ChtObj.Width = 336
    ChtObj.Height = 204
    Next ChtObj
    End Sub

    To run the macro, click on a chart and go to Tools -> Macro -> Macros -> and
    run the macro called SizeCharts.

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  5. #5
    Kim
    Guest

    RE: How do I re-size a chart without using a mouse?

    Thank you very much!