Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Ploting dates against a calendar and not as a simple events

  1. #1
    Gandalf
    Guest

    Ploting dates against a calendar and not as a simple events

    Probably a simple solution....and staring me in the face.

    I have a table containing dates and values. The dates may progress but the
    day interval is variable depending when the values were recorded.

    I need to plot the values with the dates on the x axis. So far I can only
    get the graph to treat each date as an event, thus the true date interval is
    not reflected. This distorts the graph.

    How does one configure Excel to plot against a calendar interval on the x
    axis?

    Many thanks

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Ploting dates against a calendar and not as a simple events

    I suspect you want to plot an XY Scatter chart. The dates need to be in a
    numeric format to do that.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Ploting dates against a calendar and not as a simple events

    Numeric, but still in date format. In addition, if the category values for a line
    chart are numerical and in a number format, Excel draws a time scale axis, which
    accurately represents the elapsed days between dates.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    Barb Reinhardt wrote:

    > I suspect you want to plot an XY Scatter chart. The dates need to be in a
    > numeric format to do that.
    >
    > "Gandalf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Probably a simple solution....and staring me in the face.
    >>
    >>I have a table containing dates and values. The dates may progress but

    > the
    >
    >>day interval is variable depending when the values were recorded.
    >>
    >>I need to plot the values with the dates on the x axis. So far I can only
    >>get the graph to treat each date as an event, thus the true date interval

    > is
    >
    >>not reflected. This distorts the graph.
    >>
    >>How does one configure Excel to plot against a calendar interval on the x
    >>axis?
    >>
    >>Many thanks

Closed Thread