exception generated was c0000005

  1. #1
    Ryan
    Guest

    exception generated was c0000005

    Hi,

    I have a user (on windows 2000 and excel 2000 sp3) who is trying to
    create a chart in excel and every time he attempts it excel crashes.
    The application log entry is: -

    The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on
    01/28/2005 @ 15:53:45.243 The exception generated was c0000005 at
    address 3003DCC8 (<nosymbols>)

    When i log in as myself i can create charts perfectly, any ideas where
    to start? (I have already uninstalled and reinstalled/patched office)

    Many Thanks

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: exception generated was c0000005

    What version Excel is he running?

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: exception generated was c0000005

    OK forget the dozy question asking you what you stated in your first line
    :-(

    With XL2000, whenever you see an issue with that app and logging on as
    another user doesn't have the issue, it is almost invariably down to a
    corruption with the toolbar customisation file. Search for his *.xlb and
    then delete it. Excel will just create another one, but be aware any
    existing customisaions he has made will be lost

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ryan

    Ken Wright wrote:

    > OK forget the dozy question asking you what you stated in your first
    > line :-(
    >
    > With XL2000, whenever you see an issue with that app and logging on as
    > another user doesn't have the issue, it is almost invariably down to a
    > corruption with the toolbar customisation file. Search for his *.xlb
    > and then delete it. Excel will just create another one, but be aware
    > any existing customisaions he has made will be lost

    Thanks i will give it a try.