data order in a chart

  1. #1
    OkieViking
    Guest

    data order in a chart

    I am plotting with stacked column charts with data in rows. However the data
    I have is not in the order I want it on one of my charts. As in I want the
    data in column C to be to the left of the data in column A. I tried to
    select column C before column A, but Excel turned it around by itself. Is
    there a way of doing this besides selecting each series and manually changing
    each series?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: data order in a chart

    Hi,

    When creating the chart select the column C first and create the chart.
    Then highlight column A and drag the selection into the chart. It should
    then be added to the left, or on top if stacked.

    Or you could change the series order. Double click one of the sets of
    data and the change the order, which is on the Series Order tab.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: data order in a chart

    Andy -

    Okie's series are in rows, so I think he's saying his cells are in the
    wrong order. This means rearranging the values in his source range.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services