Where can I find some good Excel spreadsheet for managing my bank account

  1. #1
    Fat Cat
    Guest

    Where can I find some good Excel spreadsheet for managing my bank account

    and tracking my daily expenses? I thought about downloading some
    applications for this
    purpose, but none of them satisfy me and they are not free,

    Thank you

  2. #2
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: Where can I find some good Excel spreadsheet for managing my bank account

    you can design your own in spreadsheet something like this

    DATE my ch# DETAILS BANK CH NO. WITHDRAWAL DEPOSIT
    BALANCE
    1-Jan-04 balance
    120,876.17
    1-Jan-04 SBI RELF BOND ECS
    800.00 =H2+G3-F3
    5-Jan-04 IDBI FLEXI BOND 9 ecs
    11,050.00 =H3+G4-F4
    05-Jan-04 ch uti mepus 35335 utibk 065820/19,12,.03
    1,213.50 =H4+G5-F5
    07-Jan-04 ch k gilt div citibk 014003/1 jan 04
    97.05 =H5+G6-F6
    07-Jan-04 643335 sbi card
    1,176.00 =H6+G7-F7
    07-Jan-04 643336 kmmf-k gilt
    1,000.00 = H7+G8-F8
    The last column is formula

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Fat Cat
    Guest

    Re: Where can I find some good Excel spreadsheet for managing my bank account

    Sigh!@

    I am sure there are excellent spreadsheets some people makes in order to
    keep
    their own bank account. I don't want to redo what has already been done.

    What I need is fairly simple, something that allows me to enter some daily
    expenses,
    salary, bills, my networth, balance, mortgage schedule, etc.

    Thanks.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Where can I find some good Excel spreadsheet for managing my bank account

    Have you looked at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...s/default.aspx

    RP

  5. #5
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Where can I find some good Excel spreadsheet for managing my bank account

    Sounds like more than a simple bank acct file. I'm sure one of us could be
    hired to make up something for you or you can get Quicken or Money for
    little or nothing with tax act or turbotax.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

  6. #6
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Where can I find some good Excel spreadsheet for managing my bank account

    Personally I wouldn't even consider it for that. A copy of Quicken or
    Microsoft Money will do this perfectly for you. I don't think they are
    expensive to start with, but you can often find an older version in a PC
    World or on ebay etc. Just did a search on Quicken on ebay and found a 2005
    copy for just $19.99.

    You can usually download statements from your bank and import them straight
    into it. Sooooooooo much better for this.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

  7. #7
    Ken Macksey
    Guest

    Re: Where can I find some good Excel spreadsheet for managing my bank account

    Hi

    I have one that I created to manage my checking account. Email me and I will
    send you a copy.

    HTH

    Ken

  8. #8
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Where can I find some good Excel spreadsheet for managing mybank account

    Most new PCs nowadays are bundeld with MS Money and/or Quicken. Of
    course, my accountant wants me to use QuickBooks....

    I think the OP left out a couple of the Excel newsgroups.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  9. #9
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Where can I find some good Excel spreadsheet for managing my bank account

    > I think the OP left out a couple of the Excel newsgroups.

    Are you sure??? I didn't realise there were so many.......... :-)

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:%[email protected]...

  10. #10
    dennis
    Guest

    Re: Where can I find some good Excel spreadsheet for managing my bank account

    Sure you could use Quicken or Money but they are a pain in the but to set
    up. To much work. I use an excel spreadsheet to balance my checkbook and
    it works fine. Simple and easy. Since it is one I did myself for my own
    use it does not contain a lot of bells a wistles like a commercial package
    would, but it works. I could email you the template if you want. You will
    need to modify it for your on use.

    Dennis