Chart Option not available in XP Pro Insert Menu

  1. #1
    proeng
    Guest

    Chart Option not available in XP Pro Insert Menu

    I run Excel on two computers with different OS
    Office 2000 enables Chart option but does not enable Line Chart
    Office XP Pro does not enable Chart Option on Insert Menu.
    How can they be activated. The info is calculation results to be charted as
    lines for comparison od results.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Chart Option not available in XP Pro Insert Menu

    The Insert menu has the Chart Wizard (Insert > Chart). This should show
    all of the chart types you can create, in step 1 of the wizard.

    If you select an existing chart, you can change the chart type from
    Chart Type, on the Chart menu. Chart Options is also found on the Chart
    menu, but is not where you select the chart type.

    If you have for some reason decided to use a shared workbook, you will
    be unable to create a new chart or edit an existing chart.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services