Formula

  1. #1
    Hugh
    Guest

    Formula

    On a graph I have the following trend line formula.
    y=6E+06e to the power of -5.1056x.

    If x=2 what would be the formula that I put into excel.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Michael R Middleton
    Guest

    Re: Formula

    Hugh -

    Looks like the Exponential type of trendline. Here's a short answer:

    You'll need more precision to get reliable results. So first select the
    textbox on the chart, and press the Increase Decimal button numerous times
    until 15 digits are displayed.

    Then, on a worksheet, enter the 15-digit values, like this:

    =612345.123456789*EXP(-5.10512345678901*2)

    Here's some longer answers:

    The Exponential type of trendline uses linear regression of log Y as the
    dependent variable and X as the explanatory variable. You can obtain the
    regression coefficients using the worksheet function LOGEST. And you can
    obtain fitted values (e.g., for X = 2) using the GROWTH worksheet function.
    See Excel's built-in Help for details, or see Chapter 15, "Simple Nonlinear
    Regression," in my book "Data Analysis Using Microsoft Excel: Updated for
    Office XP."

    - Mike

    www.mikemiddleton.com

    news:[email protected]...